Reflection 15 - Masjid (2)

On the 27th night, expecting the masjid to be packed, we went early. Just as I was entering the masjid, I could hear the adhan over the speakers. I sat down, trying to block people's conversations around, concentrating on the words of the adhan.

Come to the prayer,
Come to Prayer


حَىَّ عَلَى الصَّلَاةِ
، حَىَّ عَلَى الصَّلَاةِ

Come to the Success,
Come to Success

حَىَّ عَلَى الْفَلَاحِ
حَىَّ عَلَى الْفَلَاحِ

I've heard these words a number of times, but that day they stroke a faint, elusive chord. Salah and falah. That is, prayer and success. If salah is meant to be a means to success, is my salah up to par? The Prophet, Peace and Blessing be upon him, said, "The coolness of my eyes lies in offering Salat." Is it mine too? Do I find the inner peace in my salah?

The Prophet would say: “Give us comfort by the prayer O Bilal”. Do I look forward to the next prayer? Salah has been called "a momin's miraaj". Do I treat Salah as an honour given to this Ummah?

What am I doing to fix my salah? To perfect it in order to gain the ultimate benefit from it - Success in the Hereafter

No comments: