my mum is amazing



She wakes early in the morning with a smile
And she holds my head up high:
"Don’t you ever let anybody put you down -
‘Coz you are my little angel"

Then she makes something warm for me to drink -
‘Coz it’s cold out there, she thinks
Then she walks me to school - yes, I ain’t no fool
I just think my mum is amazing

Chorus
She makes me feel -
Like I can do anything
And when she’s with me
There’s nowhere else I’d rather be

After school, she’s waiting by the gate
I’m so happy that I just can’t wait -
To get home to tell her how my day went
Eat the yummy food only my mum makes

Then I wind her up ‘coz I don’t want to bath
And we run around the house with a laugh
No matter what I say, she gets her way
I think my mum is amazing

(Chorus)

In the evening, she tucks me into bed
And I wrap my arms around her head
Then she tells me a tale of a girl far away -
Who one day became a princess

I’m so happy - I don’t want her to leave
So she lies in bed with me
As I close my eyes, how lucky am I -
To have a mum that’s so amazing

(Chorus)

Then I wake up in the morning - she’s not there
And I realise she never was
And I’m still here in this lonely orphanage -
With so many just like me

And as my dreams begin to fade
I try hard to look forward to my day
But there’s a pain in my heart that’s a craving:
How I wish I had a mum that’s amazing
Would be amazing

No comments: